1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

games lagging in my laptop

Discussion in 'Games' started by bilgert, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bilgert

bilgert Thread Starter

hi there! this is my first question here in tsg. please help.... i have an acer aspire 5740 laptop with 2gb ram, 320 gb hdd and an intel(R) core(TM) i3 processor, i think thats enough to run such games like warcraft III and pvz(plants vs zombies) "but" these games are still lagging in my laptop. it's really annoying!:mad: please tell me what to do, my friend told me i have to reformat my hard drive. is it the only way to solve my problem?:(

2. bilgert

bilgert Thread Starter

please help :(:(

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

A few questions :)

How old is the laptop?
    Have these games worked fine before or has it always been like that?
    What operating system are you using? (Windows XP, Vista, 7).
    What antivirus software are you using?

Alot of the members of these forums are in the US, so if you are not on the same timezone it may take a bit of time to get a reply (they might be asleep haha). Please be patient and we will see what we can do.

4. bilgert

bilgert Thread Starter

It is about only 4 or 5 months.
    No. These games did not worked fine when I've installed it in my laptop.
    I am using windows 7 ultimate.
    My antivirus software is avast.

It's ok sir. I understand.The fact that you reply, makes me feel glad. I think my problem is near to be solved.
    :) So I thank you in advance.

5. bilgert

bilgert Thread Starter

Sorry sir i have to attend in my class. I'll be online 17 to 18 hours from now. Hope to catch you Mr. Tanis+.

6. Irukku

Irukku

What's your video card model?

7. satanicguardian

satanicguardian

Yeah what Irukku says, its dependant on your video card, big stores like pc world etc, brag about laptops with blablah 4gb ram or a dual core blah blah cpu, but when it comes to games, most laptops don't come with anything more than onboard/shared graphics chips (128mb) i am current on my gaming laptop - dual core centrino - 2ghz and 4gb ram - but what makes it good for gaming is the Nvigia geforce 9600m 1GB its packing as well - i run COD black ops max details around 40fps - if you have vista you can easily see if you have decent graphics adapter installed by checking the welcome centre or in the start menu, start typing device - and it will find a link called device manager, open this and look under the header for display adapters, see if its just a standard VGA graphics adapter or if it actually has a name (ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce) for example, hope this helps :)

8. bilgert

bilgert Thread Starter

I don't know what's my video card model, is that Nvidia...ATI something?? If that's model of video cards you are talking about, my video card model is ATI. I'm not so sure, I'm sorry sir. :( What should I do?? please explain it to me in a simple way.

I'll also try your suggestion satanicguardian.

Thanks for the replies irukku and satanicguardian.

9. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

You are good to go for everything in your laptop except your integrated Intel graphics card. This laptop is a decent desktop replacement, but is definitely not built for the gamer.

By the way, you don't have either AMD or Nvidia, you have Intel, and it is an onboard video card that shares the main memory of your computer with the video card.

It is not up to gaming.

10. bilgert

bilgert Thread Starter

Is there nothing I can do? :(
    I do love playing games sir.
    Please help.

11. billy18

billy18

You can always lower graphics detail or resolution for greater performance. ;)

12. bilgert

bilgert Thread Starter

i tried it already sir, still lagging :(

13. bilgert

bilgert Thread Starter

hey, somebody help me, now its not only in gaming, there's a random lag even if I'm only in desktop or in other apps. :(

14. Irukku

Irukku

Check, in your task manager (right click taskbar -> task manager), if you have any processes constantly consuming CPU resources. Or take a screenshot of it and let us take a look.

15. bilgert

bilgert Thread Starter

only the system idle process CPU 99 24kb

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972563

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice