1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games loading very slow after graphics card upgrade.

Discussion in 'Games' started by FatalOnPC, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatalOnPC

FatalOnPC Thread Starter

Hi,
    So my uncle has put my new gtx 1080 in my pc and it is running really slow. I load up borderlands 2 and it takes 6 minutes to load. Im pretty sure ive installed the drivers correctly. My old graphics card (amd radeon r9 200 series I think) was working fine so im really confused. Here are my Specs.
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    32GB ram Hyper x Fury
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Im not that good with computer stuff and these long waiting times is BS for a powerful PC. Please help thanks.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Did you/your uncle perform a clean driver install (since you changed brands)?

If not, or you are not sure, uninstall the AMD and nVidia drivers/software using the normal uninstall process. Then use the AMD driver cleaner tool ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx ) to clean the system of the old AMD drivers. Reboot, then perform a fresh install of the nVidia drivers (drivers are available at nvidia.com).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice