1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

games not supporting more than one controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lardqube, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lardqube

lardqube Thread Starter

I have a Saitek Eclipse keyboard, which, while I love it, it causes one somewhat large problem. It designates itself as a game controller. Since it's drivers are obviously installed long before I have a chance at installing any other controller, it ends up being first on the list of controllers. For some games (especially older ones), this causes a problem because they only support one controller, and recognize my keyboard as that controller. Is there any way short of uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for my keyboard to fix this problem┬┐

2. lardqube

lardqube Thread Starter

Any ideas┬┐

3. qldit

qldit

Good Morning lardqube, that sounds like a real nuisance problem.
    Are you able to use it as a standard keyboard?
    It sounds like the drivers may have been force-loaded at some time.
    These things have a habit of being hard to undo.

Have you considered approaching Saitek for information, that is probably a common problem.

Are the drivers causing the problem standard windows drivers or the proper Saitek set ?
    (Have you loaded the proper ones)

qldit.

4. qldit

qldit

I just had a look at the Saitek site, that is a really nice keyboard, I haven't tried an illuminated type, certainly a good idea.
    Obviously the only drivers required should be within windows as a standard inclusion.

That kind of indicates that a problem exists with the driver database and identification.
    Certainly needs Saitek tech advice.
    Sorry no help.
    qldit.

5. lardqube

lardqube Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll probably give them a call tomorrow and see if they have any advice.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/459594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice