1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games on windows 7

Discussion in 'Games' started by JonEU19, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JonEU19

JonEU19 Thread Starter

Just upgraded my windows vista to windows 7, and have loaded my son's Stronghold 2 game but when I would go to start it I got a message "Stronghold2.exe is not working", went to their web site and found no good tips. I removed this game and downloaded Warhammer Mark of Chaos and when I go to run that one I get a "invalid parameters" error box. Is this something with windows 7? Any help would be appriciated.

Oh, and this is a really nice site! (y)

2. JonEU19

JonEU19 Thread Starter

Seems I should have put this in the Windows 7 Thread. Sorry.

3. Aerobandit

Aerobandit

Right Click the Icon and go to Properties then compatibility. Change it to what you had installed before the upgrade.

4. JonEU19

JonEU19 Thread Starter

Thanks Aero, I tried that and still got the Stronghold 2.exe has stopped working.

5. Aerobandit

Aerobandit

I'll start doing a bit of research with my old friend google, ill get back with you sometime tommorow, Its almost 3am here.

6. JonEU19

JonEU19 Thread Starter

TY Aero. Where are you at? Just curious since I travel quite a bit with my work.

7. Aerobandit

Aerobandit

8. Aerobandit

Aerobandit

also looks like all war hammer are compatible with all vers of win 7. Sounds like you need a patch!

9. DarkDoggy

DarkDoggy

can anyone help me with carmageddon KEBOARD.COK error i got the real version on cd but i keep getting that error.
    i got windows 7

10. Aerobandit

Aerobandit

Gimme more info, 32bit or 64 bit? this a new computer or upgraded one that u used to run the game on?

11. DarkDoggy

DarkDoggy

64 bit and my computer is 6/8 months old, so yeah new computer

12. Aerobandit

Aerobandit

Ok i cant stream videos where im at but i found this. Do you know how to make images, From what i read briefly youll have to do that. I been reading up on older games on these newer quad core and 64 bit systems, LOTs of games dont seem to be compatible with one or both of them. You tube never fails tho, watch and tell me what u think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS1aKrWB8NQ

13. DarkDoggy

DarkDoggy

okay i shal take a look thnx

14. JonEU19

JonEU19 Thread Starter

Aero I have 32 bit. I'll be over your way in Dubai from 4-1 until 4-12, I work for a DOD Contactor so if your in Artilery you probably trained on one of our CFFT simulators. And also Thank you for your service!

15. Aerobandit

Aerobandit

Im in Ali Al Salem Kuwait, Im Air Force. We dont use artillery! Well If you fly with our guys you may be stoping my way soon! and your welcome!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/983193

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice