1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games Problem!! Need Help Posted Details!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Guild Wars Guy, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guild Wars Guy

Guild Wars Guy Thread Starter

Well i can play a game such as FURY BF2142, 2,Vietnam And all them exept after a while it shuts down!! i wanna know why! Here are my coms details.

Operating systerm: Microsoft Windows XP profesional
    language: English
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett- Packard
    System Model: Hp Pavillion dv8000 (Gaming Laptop)
    BIOS: 1.00PARTTBL
    Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU
    MEMORY: 1022MB RAM
    Direct X Verion 9.0c
    SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Overheating would be the principal suspect here. The motherboard thermal sensor is shutting you down most likely.

It could be a faulty sensor -- or you could in fact be exceeding critical temps.

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Is it mainly when you play games that it shuts down like that or does it do it at other times.

My initial thought (and I am no expert) would be possibly a temperature related problem. There are many programs you can use to monitor system temperature, SpeedFan is one of them:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Just instal and run it and it sits in your taskbar and will report system, GPU, CPU etc. temperatures. Have a look at the reported temp after reboot.

Hope you get it sorted

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice