Games/Programs Disconnecting but Internet Working Perfectly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xpert104

A few days ago my laptop started acting weird and started to disconnect me from any game I played (Valorant, Paladins) as if my internet dropped, but it was fully functioning when I tried to search stuff up. This also happened to discord and a Cisco Webex call where the video and audio cut off and comes back after reconnecting. Each of the programs don't show my ping increase the fact that I'm experiencing packet loss. This happens both on wifi and with my usb ethernet adapter.

Its not a problem with my modem or router as the internet works fine on other devices. I played a game on my iPad and I didn't experience any ping spikes or packet loss. I also tried running a continuous ping to google.com while playing on the laptop, and the game disconnected, but my ping to google remained at a reasonable value (30ms).

I tried reinstalling network drivers but nothing works. Pls Help

Even though you say the modem is not to blame, I would still contact your ISP to check it out.

Don't run a continuous ping for more than 1 min. The other party would think you are DOS'ing them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online