1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games suddenly not working!

Discussion in 'Games' started by MaxVK, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxVK

MaxVK Thread Starter

Hi,

Iv been running two games for some time now that have both been working fine. However, for reasons I don't understand, they have both suddenly stopped working at all UNLESS I right click on the exe files and choose to "Run as.." Administrator.

The games are GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas. As I say, both have been fine but have suddenly started acting up. There are no errors or messages displayed if I just click the shortcut or the exe files, they just don't run. Both run fine if I run them as Administrator, although of course I have to set them up again and copy saved games across etc.

In between working and not working I have installed new monitor drivers but thats about it. Other games such as Ghost Recon and Oblivion continue to work as normal.

Any ideas would be much appreciated at this point.

Thanks

Max

<EDIT>
    Oops sorry! Some info about the system might help!
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Gig ram, plenty free
    AMD Athlon 64 X2
    NVIDIA 7900 GTX
    Creative sound
    Viewsonic flat screen (Drivers just installed)

2. cerberus59

cerberus59

maybe it's a less good solution but you could go to the administrator's windows account and change the settings there and put yourself as a administrator, then you don't have to move game data etc

3. MaxVK

MaxVK Thread Starter

My account, which is the default account created when XP is installed, says that I have admin privileges anyway. I don't really want to run as Administrator all the time though, and its not really a solution, only a workaround!

Id really like to find out why this happened in the first place!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice