1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games that load in 640x480 crash and reboot

Discussion in 'Games' started by wtkwtkwtk, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtkwtkwtk

wtkwtkwtk Thread Starter

k so, Since ive reinstalled windows Ive been having problems with some games giving me a black screen then rebooting my PC, at first I didnt know what was causing this I then realized that It was only happening with games that automaticly start in a 640x480 window then go to full screen.Obviously I can just change the res for most games and it solves the problem but theres quite a few games that dont allow you to change the res before the game is loaded. This has only been happening since i reinstalled windows.

Games that cause a crash that Ive tryed
    NFS Carbon, Silent Hill 4 Fifa 07, Tiger woods 07

I am 100% sure these games work on my pc (before reinstalling windows)

I have downloaded about 5 diff drivers for my grapics card, and still having the same problem.

Ive done spyware/virus scans that have found nothing, done windows updates, got the lastest directx lastest drivers, even tryed the drivers from the CD that came with my grapics card, reinstalled the games, ect ect and still having the same problem.

Everything else runs fine with no problems at all, unless it starts in 640x480

My PC setup is...

AMD Athlon XP3200+
    1GB RAM
    ATI Radeon 9200 PRO
    Win XP, with all latest updates

Any help would be great.

2. wtkwtkwtk

wtkwtkwtk Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice