1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games used to run fast but now very jumpy and slow

Discussion in 'Games' started by joely, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Megabite

Megabite

Pick one of the games you are having issues with and uninstall and restart and reinstall it.

How much space is left on your Hard drive?

2. joely

joely Thread Starter

ok ill try that, anything in particular i should look for when i re install? and i currently have 68% free space on my hard drive

3. Megabite

Megabite

Well this is just a test......let us know what the result is.....

4. mike360x1

mike360x1

It's possibly a virus... Like what megabite said... You should check your processes tab and organize by most resource usage... Snapshot it and post it... You can also give us a snapshot of your resource manager...

5. jamwaky

jamwaky

This bit of information provided jumps out at me.

Cleaning the registry has little to no positive effects on the system. It will only lead to the damage of system entries.

No automated piece of software can possibly detect only the redundant entries without taking out a few useful ones at the same time.

Search this forum for 'Registry Cleaner' or something similar to see what has happened to people who use them.

Sorry to butt in like that :)

6. joely

joely Thread Starter

Thanks i will do that. Any ideas on what i should do if the issue is something to do with me having cleaned the registry? To me im not quite sure if thats the problem because i dint clean the registry or anything like that untill after i started to have issues

7. jamwaky

jamwaky

A system restore to a point prior to using the 'cleaner' seems like a logical place to start.

8. joely

joely Thread Starter

ok ill look into that thanks my only issue is previously I had not backed it up for quite a while so im going to try to keep anything that causes me to loose work and programs as a sort of last resort if I can figure out anything else

9. joely

joely Thread Starter

I was told it could be something to do with my clocking speed? does that sound like a possibility?

10. joely

joely Thread Starter

11. joely

joely Thread Starter

Im trying to upload a picture of my resource monitor but cant figure it out how do i do it?

12. mike360x1

mike360x1

Snapshot and upload? the "insert image" button? or you could attach files on the bottom...
    also if your looking for a snapshot software hypercam 3 might be able to do it... maybe FRAPS

Clocking speed? I don't think your harddrive would have anything to do with your cpu. Unless your overclocking your HDD... which I've never heard of.

13. joely

joely Thread Starter

14. joely

joely Thread Starter

So thats what going on during a game. i dunno if anyone can make any sense of this

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028521