1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

games will not download

Discussion in 'Games' started by MFArcher1, Feb 22, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. MFArcher1

MFArcher1 Thread Starter

I bought several new games through BigFish and WildTangent sites. They will not download--forget about installing! I got a new comp 1 month ago. I started to transfer owned games. BigFish downloaded and installed the new games and about 1/2 dozen others, then stopped. WildTangent installed 1 owned game, then quit. I own MANY games and have dealt with both of these game managers successfully in the past. Pray tell, what is the problem, and how do I bloody fix it?

2. Goddess-Bastet

Goddess-Bastet

First Name:
    Virginia
    Are you using the Big Fish games manager or downloading via their website?
    Which specific games are affected?
    Is there any error message?
    Some games require you to accept an agreement to download.

3. MFArcher1

MFArcher1 Thread Starter

I have tried downloading my owned games from both the game managers and from the websites. With BigFish games, the previously owned games wouldn't download after about the first half dozen. With WildTangent games, only one previously owned downloaded, and none of the newly purchased ones. BigFish simply stated ''download timed out'', WildTangent stated nothing. I received no error messages or agreement requests from either site

4. Goddess-Bastet

Goddess-Bastet

First Name:
    Virginia
    It there any uac pop up with the problem games?
    Several of mine require UAC approval before they download. Try disabling UAC & see if things continue.

5. MFArcher1

MFArcher1 Thread Starter

UAC should not have been an issue--this shutdown happened before I bought my new comp, and these are game sites I have used many times always with the same account name/password. AGAIN, I received no type of notification--pop-up or otherwise, other than "download timed out". I will attempt to "disable UAC", if you tell me how...

6. Goddess-Bastet

Goddess-Bastet

First Name:
    Virginia
  7. jones58

jones58

The game may not have the permissions or resources it needs. Try to check for missed prompts in the web browser, change settings in the Big Fish Games Game App, and make sure the download is not blocked by security software.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice