1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Games' started by Register3D, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Register3D

Register3D Thread Starter

How is it possible that a game from 1999 can run very good and then I have another game from 2003 that fails directly after launch?

I have actually given up on even trying to get it working after my spec destroyed the game CD while it was inside my computer and yeah....!

Populous: The Beginning released April 2, 1999.
    Works 100% okay some small graphic problems.

Command and Conquer: Generals & Generals Zero Hour released September 22, 2003.
    Crashes when screen with loading appears but it does not crash windows explorer, there is a blue screen(Not BSOD) left on my computer only thing i can do is take up task manager and end the process, after trying in different compatibility modes I hear a little cracking noise from my CD box and then a bang and I have no CD!
    I also made a dual boot just to get the game working but I did not put enough space, Grrahhhh roar..!

I know i should have posted this when I still had the CD and before the announcement of Generals 2 TBA 2013!!

2. Ditrich

Ditrich

Not unusual for some old games to run well in Windows 7 while others more up-to-date have issues.

Possible workarounds:

- game update
    - run the game in compatibility mode
    - dual boot with XP
    - if the physical hardwarw is powerful enough, the game may run quite well in virtual box (e.g. serious sam)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice