Games won't maximise

Playernumber

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20210803172434.000000+600
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 12, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Hard Drives: C: 476 GB (419 GB Free); D: 931 GB (556 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 190755085000090
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

I sometimes like to tab out of teamfortress2 and to run ccleaner because this 99% of the time settles my ingame latency.

When I click on the icon in the taskbar the game maximize. I have done a clean install of windows and the game will maximize after 2 or 3 clicks on the taskbar icon. Sometimes maybe once per day the game minimizes to the desktop by itself.

Playernumber

I think I have found a fix/workaround. If I close ccleaner I can maximize the game again. So perhaps it was/is ccleaner causing the problem.

thanks

Playernumber

the same thing happens with valhalla google says that pressing left alt and spacebar might fix it which does after once, twice or maybe even 3 times. i think the latest windows update has done this. one youtuber said to switch game mode off in settings... but i think (not to sure) it keeps switching itself back on. why do i need a science degree in workarounds and fixes for my computer to run normally of which it still doesnt? sign of the times i guess.

Tanis

Shane
What are the issues you are seeing with your in game latency?

Your system is almost identical to mine and you should have absolutely no problem running TF2.

Playernumber

game latency is fine, tf2 runs fine, its just when i tab out of the game i have to find a workaround to get back into the game

Tanis

Shane
I sometimes like to tab out of teamfortress2 and to run ccleaner because this 99% of the time settles my ingame latency.
ahh OK, you said above that you were tabbing out to resolve an in game latency issue :)

Its been a long time since I played TF2, but have you tried setting it to borderless window rather than full screen? That should allow you to Alt+Tab much easier if you need to.

Playernumber

I contacted my shop support they said there was nothing wrong with my hardware, so it looks like I'll have to do a clean install by downloading a fresh copy of windows,

Maybe change your video settings to "full screen windowed" instead of just full screen. PCs find it easier to alt+tab games that way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.