Gamespy closes internet connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

peterwalker

when gettnig a new server list on gamespy, a few hundred servers are retrieved but then suddenly my internet connection is lost.

i have opened all the ports used for gamespy and disabled my software firewalls...this problem is very frustrating as it makes the program useless !!

any ideas or suggestions are greatly welcomed!! thanks alot!!

peter

Firewalls (atleast in the past) would only disallow people from hosting a game in Gamespy Arcade, but not from joining.

It may sound stupid, but make sure the correct filters are applied and that you also have the latest version of the game(s) that you are attempting to play.

peterwalker

thakns for replying kramer , i have the latest battlefield 2 patch v1.01 so i dont think this would be an issue...i cant understand it disconnecting either :s i have a belkin router btw, any other ideas?

you may have to forward ports from your router....but i dont know how tod o that...your gonnahave to get help from someone eelse with that if its the case

You're not the only one with this problem! I download a lot of mods for MORROWIND, and unfortunatly, most of the good ones are on Morrowind Summit, which uses GameSpy servers etc. for mod downloads. Theres been several times I've downloaded stuff thats taken 2-3 hours (dial-up) only to get right down to the last couple of seconds, only to tell me "Internet Explorer cannot download "file name" from xfer 13, Fileplanet.com The connection with the server was reset" I've been round and round with their support people, but no solutions. They are the only ones I have this problem with. Their best guess is that its something with my security software, and anti-spam program. I've even gone as far as shutting down every security program (that I can) on my computer and tried to download "stark naked" but no dice! Thing is, I'm not real sure where the problem is originating to even get a handle on it. If you're able to figure out whats causing your problem, please let me know, might be my problem as well! (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online