1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GameSpy Hosting Issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dtrulez, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtrulez

dtrulez Thread Starter

Hey all,

I have a LinkSys wireless router WRT45G and I have two machines on it sharing a DSL connection. Recently I have been attempting to use one of the machines to host games of Age of Empires 2 through game spy. Now to avoid the headache of the settings (which I experienced on MSN Zone) I just got one of my PCs under DMZ.

When I host with the PC thats under the DMZ setting everything works fine my other computer on the network can join and play and so can others on game spy. But when I attempt to host using the other computer its a no go.

I have read the help pages and opened everything they asked me and still the other PC cannot host. I know I have opened the ports as they stated and I know that the PC which I have done all that for has the correct IP address. I figure theres something that I might not know. So I wanted to ask you guys if you know anything I may be over looking.

Also, I have ALL firewalls shut down. Any help would be appreciated at this point.

Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!