Gaming cards: 12 pipelines vs. 16?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dave Perry

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be building my own system later this year and I'm sort of on the verge of being into gaming, but I can't really justify putting out much cash. I was looking at the ATI X800 GTO PCI-E which has 256 bit, 256 MB, and 6 vertex shaders, and all the higher end support like Smart Shader and DX 9.0c. The one thing it's missing from more expensive cards is that it has 12 pixel pipelines instead of 16.

Anyone who is knowledgeable about these things tell me what kind of a difference that might make? I might play things like HL 2 and Sims 2 and I'd like high resolution and good, but not phenomenal, frames, if possible.

Thanks much!

Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online