1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming Computer Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tallokas, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

2. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor

It seems like a good computer to use, but If you want to be sure contact them, I have dealt with them on several item from their services. They seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about their products.

Here is their contact info:

Sales Inquiries / Product Information 800.800.8300 Customer Service and Support 800.888.6111 Educational Sales (M-F 8AM-8PM EST) 888.278.4437 Corporate Sales / Licensing (M-F 8AM-7PM EST) 888.278.4437 Reseller Hotline (M-F 8AM-8PM EST) 888.736.4672 International Callers 305.415.2201 Para Clientes en Español 888.222.9800 To Fax Us An Order 305.415.2202 [​IMG]

3. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

Thanks for the good info. I have never heard of this brand before today. I went into a Tiger Direct distribution center today and saw it. Normally I order parts from Newegg and then bribe my son to build it for me;) Can't ever remember having one right out of the box.

Thanks again for the help.

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Ive never heard of that brand.The only gaming computers i know are made by dell. The Ademo, XPS, and the Alienware.They arent cheap but should do what you are looking for.

5. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

Like most everybody else, I'm on a very tight budget and 1K is about as high as I can go. I would love an Alienware but it's probably out of my price range.

6. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor

not a problem Tallokas

The more you know........

7. win2kpro

win2kpro

I used to service a Systemax machine for a now defunct company. I never had to do much to this machine other than routine clean ups. They seemed to use pretty good parts except the machine I serviced had a cheap power supply, however I never had to replace the power supply in that machine.

If I recall correctly Systemax's main point of sales was the Home Shopping Network or another site similar to the Home Shopping Network. In my opinion on the machine I serviced it was in my opinion better than an Acer, HP/Compaq or Gateway.

In the machine you linked to, what I would want to know from them if I was considering that machine would be the make and model of the motherboard and power supply.

8. wilson44512

wilson44512

For $1299 i got the Alienware Aurora 3. Its a good PC and its very much a good upgradable PC. if you want to add to it later. And it comes with 2 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 545 -

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-aurora-r3/fs

9. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor

That's a good point Win2k, I would to like to know more about the machine's internal hardware such as the motherboard and the power supply. Strange thing is that I keep hearing more about the failing motherboards rather than power supply.

No sense buying a Porsche if the parts are from a Bell Ranger helicopter.

10. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor

Not bad Mr Wilson.

11. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

Wow! Such good information - thank you so much.

The Alienware looks fantastic but I'm going to "try" and stay within my budget.

What got me started on all of this is a game. My current computer is adequate for my needs. I play the older games like Half Life, Far Cry, etc. I recently got Serious Sam BFE and it is a hog to say the least. It runs so choppy I can only play for a few minutes at the time and then I get queasy. So if I get a new computer it will be 99% for this game.

Is it feasible to get a whole new system just for a game? I don't know.:confused:

Thanks again for all your help.

12. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor

Either it be for a whole game or being used for something else, it seems like that you are on the right track and preforming a "system" update. You recognized that most games today are using more power and extensive programming and you are adjusting to those needs.

13. wilson44512

wilson44512

It wont be for just one game. once you realize how good it plays. You will buy more:D

How old is your PC. If its old that would be a good reason to get a new 1.
    Good luck on your purchase. and let us know how it turns out after you get it.(y)

14. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor

I would use the old pc as a ftp for data/server. That way you would not take up so much space for storing data and programs.....Jut a thought....

15. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

How did you all get so smart!!!! Wilson, you may be right about the new games........They don't call me the Gaming Granny for nothing!:D

I saw this one at Newegg (have always had a soft spot for Newegg) How does the video card compare to the one from Tiger Direct?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227382

Thank you all so much for your help!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice