1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming graphics on a laptop

Discussion in 'Games' started by inmyhead, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inmyhead

inmyhead Thread Starter

Hi all, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I own a Toshiba Satellite which i use for gaming. Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade the graphics performance on this model?

I believe the speccific modal is a L300 149, but this is based only on the toshiba website and my knowledge of the specs (screen size, harddrive etc).

On the it says the L300 149 use a IntelĀ® GMA X3100, and in my Graphics Properties/information it says i'm using a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family.

As you can probably tell, I have only the slightest idea of what these mean, so any help or advice would be appreciated.

Many many thanks

inmyhead

2. guenthar

guenthar

No you can't upgrade the video card on that laptop since it uses an integrated card and can't be removed. You would need a laptop with a dedicated video card like an ATI or Nvidia card.

The laptop I am going to be buying has a decent video card and is cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115539

Asus has some good extended warranties on their site and you have up to a year after purchase to get one so it gives you plenty of time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/806624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice