1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming in Vista!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ankushkool, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ankushkool

ankushkool Thread Starter

I have bought a new laptop with vista for casual gaming, i want to know that will playing games on xp improve de performance and by how much...

also does vista come default with dx10 coz i think i have dx9???

2. ankushkool

my config:

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

You have DX10. Vista is a dx10 OS, you cant go back to 9 :)
    As for performance, depends what games you re running,. The lappy will probably be more of a limit than the os :)

4. ankushkool

but i have de dmc4 benchmark... when i run it in dx9 mode it gives me 30-40 fps but in dx10 only 20-25... so can i play a game in dx9 mode????

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Not sure allot of games are DX10 just yet anyway. If they are older games, chances are they will be running in DX9.

If all is right with the world, DX10 should run every DX version up to it.
    Whatever the game uses, it should run at.

6. ankushkool

de devil may cry4 benchmark which i have has a option or running in dx9 or dx10 mode... when i run it in dx9 mode it gives me 30-40 fps but in dx10 only 20-25... so can i play a dx10 game in dx9 mode in vista????

7. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

from; http://www.gamespot.com/event/download/devil-may-cry-4/

Reading that it looks like you can choose 9 or 10.
    Be nice if you can find a game store that will load the game and let you look at the options before you buy it. :D
    If there is no option, I'm willing to bet there is an .ini tweak or something that can force it to run in DX9. Just haven't found one on google yet.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice