Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaming Keyboard/Mouse Advice :)

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Hawkesy 
#1 ·
Hiya,

I debated for about 5-10 minutes whether this would be a hardware or a games thread... Whilst technically the thread is concerning hardware advice it's more to do with their correlation to games?

Plus I figured regular Games forum go-ers might have slightly more experience in this field :D

Simple question really, I'm looking for a decent gaming mouse and keyboard, as all my life I've had boring simple keyboards and mice and this bottom of the line wireless Logitech is just embarrassing now!

Looking to spend about £70? Maybe a little more if the cost:quality ratio is higher, not necessarily looking for a definite combo, ie, if you can recommend a mouse and then a separate keyboard for the same price then go ahead :)

Thanks in advance,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum xD

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
Generally put, powerwave and cyborg have some of the best gaming mouses and keyboards.
Powerwave is a bit more cheaper than cyborg but still both companies products are going to make you're mates asking where you got one and where they can get one.

Powerwave go for about 40-60 $dollars for the keyboard and most come standard with luminated back-lit keys(I personally have a powerwave and cyborg keyboard and the powerwave is blue back-lit).

Cyborg keyboards are really for serious gamers and some of the mouses they sell can almost be/are more than the keyboard themselves.
The cyborg keyboard that i have is multi-lit keys(Blue numpad, Orange qwerty key and Green Fkeys and number keys. It has a O-LED text display on the keyboard and mine cost $130.

The cyborg mouse is length adjustable, scroll speed and sensitivity adjustable and has a 3600 dpi opictical laser.

Personally, i would be going for the powerwave keyboard and mouse for the price range you have set for yourself but if you spend more than 4-6 hours playing games or browsing the internet than mabey spending a bit more on the cyborg will do you're wrists and hands a bit more comfort.

Hope the information helps and feal free to reply back with a personal message. I sure you could find plenty of these products on E-Bay.

Cheers
Hawkesy

#4 ·
Generally put, powerwave and cyborg have some of the best gaming mouses and keyboards.
Powerwave is a bit more cheaper than cyborg but still both companies products are going to make you're mates asking where you got one and where they can get one.

Powerwave go for about 40-60 $dollars for the keyboard and most come standard with luminated back-lit keys(I personally have a powerwave and cyborg keyboard and the powerwave is blue back-lit).

Cyborg keyboards are really for serious gamers and some of the mouses they sell can almost be/are more than the keyboard themselves.
The cyborg keyboard that i have is multi-lit keys(Blue numpad, Orange qwerty key and Green Fkeys and number keys. It has a O-LED text display on the keyboard and mine cost $130.

The cyborg mouse is length adjustable, scroll speed and sensitivity adjustable and has a 3600 dpi opictical laser.

Personally, i would be going for the powerwave keyboard and mouse for the price range you have set for yourself but if you spend more than 4-6 hours playing games or browsing the internet than mabey spending a bit more on the cyborg will do you're wrists and hands a bit more comfort.

Hope the information helps and feal free to reply back with a personal message. I sure you could find plenty of these products on E-Bay.

Cheers
Hawkesy
x2

#5 ·
That keyboard is the only UK available Cyborg one I can find; is this a good'un? It definitely looks the part xD

I've just realized a rather serious problem with my mouse buying though... I'm left handed! This means I either need a asymmetrical mouse or a specifically left handed one... I've heard Razer's are good from people? Really should learn to be right handed...

#6 ·
The Lycosa I recommend highly. You can get it here in the UK, prices vary, around £50-70, depending where. PCWorld have it, but there are better bargasins. For a mose, I would say a MS sidewinder- a lot of people dont like it, but I do. Not sure if there is a left handed version, but worth a try. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.