Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaming Laptop Advice

860 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  elitetechsvc 
#1 ·
Hello! I'm looking for a new gaming laptop and after a lot of searching I've found two I'm quite interested in, and I think a more qualified person could help me identify the exact pros and cons of each one. I apologise if this isn't the right section to post on, nothing else seemed to fit my question :(
1)Dell G5587-7866BLK-PUS G5 15 5587 Gaming Laptop
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CD3MRZ....LpdjNDJw&slotNum=0&tag=lapninj-20&th=1&psc=1
2)OMEN by HP 17-inch Gaming Laptop
OMEN by HP 17-inch Gaming Laptop, i7-8750H Processor, GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB, Anti-Glare FHD Display, 12GB 2666MHz RAM, 1TB HDD & 128 GB PCIE SSD, Windows 10 Home (17-an110nr, Black), Metal
I know Im going to be playing a lot of League of Legends (which I'm certain both of these would run it amazing) but I'd also love to start getting into more graphically intesive/AAA games so if you could estimate the framerates I would get that would be great too.
Thank you so much ❤❤❤

#2 ·
They are nearly identical in specs, however the Dell has a little more RAM for a little less. However, I've never found anyone who is very happy with a gaming laptop for more than a few months. You can't upgrade them for future games or anything, and those particular ones have 1050ti's in them...while that isn't a bad little card for 1080p gaming, you can build a desktop that's LOTS more powerful for less, just my 2 cents.

#3 ·
Thank you so much :)
The thing with getting a desktop is that I won't be able to take it with me for school/college stuff and I figured it would be more cost efficient to get a laptop that can both play games and take notes ECT than to make/buy a desktop and a separate laptop for school. But I'm guessing that's me assuming something from a field I'm not too familiar with..
What do you think would be best to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.