1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming laptop getting slower and slower, tips needed

Discussion in 'Games' started by Drowluv, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Drowluv

Drowluv Thread Starter

Hi,

I bought my laptop about a year ago, and back then it was absolutely amazing. But with time it has become slower, and I'm wondering if you could help me with some tips on how to make it run faster in games like Borderlands 2, Minecraft and Watch Dogs.

some of my specs are:
    Intel Core i7-4700M
    NVIDIA GeForce 780M
    x1 SSD 125GB (Main, windows installed here)
    x1 HDD 1,5TB (Secondary, steam, games etc installed here)
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Please tell me if you need more information.

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Defrag, clear cache's, uninstall unused programs/games.
    Check for dust buildup.
    Think about and take a look at the programs you now have versus initially. If they are not needed right away, set them to not auto load with windows. Run as needed instead of always on.

Check the manufacturer site for and update drivers. (Video, audio, USB, ect. )

The more stuff you add, the slower it will get, so trim it back to what you need and it should speed back up.
    Also check that your antivirus has a game mode, as antivirus are the largest slowdown of a system.

I guess it is also possible that over time the PSU and hardware can wear down and have trouble performing, but try the cleaning and stuff first.

3. tinkerme545

tinkerme545

Clean your PC, install more memory, change your video card, update your drivers, boost your CPU, shut down other apps that makes your laptop slow and check for malware.

4. Crazy10

Crazy10

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1129220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice