1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gaming laptop issues.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lunaz, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lunaz

Lunaz Thread Starter

Hello.

i bought a new gaming laptop.

i can install games, but when i try to play it, its very laggy and fps sucks.
    even when my settings are at the lowest possible.

even my 3 year old outdated laptop can play games better.

here is some of its specs..

model Toshiba Qosmio X870-11h
    Intel Core i7-3610QM
    CPU 2.3GHz
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M graphics card
    8gb ram.
    screen: intel HD graphics 4000

what do i think is wrong ?

i believe i have installed something wrong, or my settings are wrong.

the laptop works super on everything else, but gaming. (its a gaming laptop)

i hope you guys can help :/

2. Lunaz

Lunaz Thread Starter

i might need the best possible software/programs suggestions to install and fix the issues.

i don't want game boosters and other **** to boost my computer, when its should be powerful enough to handle everything.

3. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Is it plugged in when your gaming? My FPS take a dive when my laptop is on battery.
    Also, do you have an antivirus with a gaming mode? If it does be sure it's checked. If not, try disabling it and test a game, see if any improvement.

4. Lunaz

Lunaz Thread Starter

the power cable is always connected. (without battery)
    i have anti viruson silent gaming mode.
    i did try remove my anti virus, but i didn't remove the lagg.

i still believe im missing some software or programs.

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Well, as far as I know... All you need for games is drivers for the video card and Direct X. Most games will come with Direct X and install it when the game installs. You can update Direct X yourself if you want to try that.
    Did you update the video drivers from nVidia?
    You can try adding Java and flash, but that is mostly web based games.

I just skimmed through this review; http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/toshiba-qosmio-x870-11q-review-50008581/
    The reviewer said it comes preloaded with allot of extras, and recommends removing much of it. Doesn't say what to remove exactly. Maybe there is a background monitor or something running and eating into your speed.
    When I got my Asus gaming laptop I removed many preinstalled games and programs that monitored speed and performance.

Slim chance you may have gotten a bad system. Any chance you can exchange it? Or maybe ask to test a game with one in a store, see if it lags.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice