1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming Laptop

Discussion in 'Games' started by Astrum-Obtutus, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Astrum-Obtutus

Astrum-Obtutus Thread Starter

My old laptop finally went "kaput", now I'm looking for a gaming laptop. I've been looking into some Alien Ware computers, but they seem to have a lot of negative sides to them (from the reviews I've been reading that is).

Would any of you have any recommendations?

I was looking to spend no more than $1300.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Any reason it has to be a laptop?

3. Astrum-Obtutus

Yes, I'd like the ability to carry it throughout my house, it would be rather cumbersome to carry a desktop around with me :D

I've already got a desktop anyway (or else I wouldn't be typing right now)

4. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

if you can get hold of Asus G73Jh...one of the best gaming laptops out there. plus it looks the mutts nuts and will kick the pants of alienware

5. Astrum-Obtutus

Which one? A1 A2 B1?

6. Astrum-Obtutus

Update: I'd like to buy an Alienware computer because I've got 30% off any Dell laptop, so I figure that I'd be able to get a really nice AW computer for less than other ones.

when I said "Gaming", I don't mean heavy gaming, I only play a few hours a week, so it wouldn't be ONLY used to gaming, unfortunately the few games that I do play are demanding on the hardware.

7. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

how about one of the dell xps range? as you will be paying a premium for the alien ware badge...and they are essentially the dell xps range

8. Yamato

Yamato

My advice, Alienware is too expensive for its specs. Stick with others.

9. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yep..thats my advice too..but with 30% off any dell laptop...go for the xps range rather than alienware due to not paying over the odds for a badge

10. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Have to agree with the others here, a Dell XPS is probably your best bet. With a 30% discount I think you would seriously struggle to get anything better for the price you would pay.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/997236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice