Gaming Laptops

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamespatben

i have a pretty good gaming laptop, not top of the line but good i7 128gb ssdr 1tb storage gforce 1050i gtx 16gb ram and im wondering why my laptop feels like its gonna melt from heat ... my exact laptop is lenovo legion y530 with the 8th gen i7 and 16gb ram not the lower one. how do i change settings to make it less hot.
im playing divinity 2 and paths of exile and it sounds like the fan is gonna blow up and the laptop is 2 weks old

jamespatben

I do have all the warrentys plus extra but was wondering is it normal to sound like the fan is working overtime? Never had a laptop for gaming just a basic i3 work horse.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
This may sound like a dumb question:

Are you using that laptop on a hard flat surface, or are you using it on your lap or some other soft surface?

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Does that laptop run at a somewhat normal temperature when you're not gaming, or does it run hot all of the time?

I did some researching on it, and there are several complaints about it overheating.

---------------------------------------------------------------

First Name
Dotty
I use my laptop without the battery and place it under my laptop so air can circulate and it's not sitting on a flat surface which can cause overheating

First Name
Dotty
have you considered air circulation as it helps to keep the laptop from overheating and shutting down

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think it's somewhat normal. I have a Dell Precision 5520 laptop workstation with a Geforce GPU (forget which model), 16GB of RAM, i7 processor, and 512GB M.2 NVMe drive. When I do graphics intensive stuff, the laptop does run quite warm and the fans spin up pretty fast.

It just follows when you load down the laptop that the processor and GPU will be working harder and generating more heat. This is why I still have a desktop gaming box. I'm able to get better/faster hardware for less money than a laptop. And there is the ability to cool the hardware better with a desktop chassis.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online