1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming on widescreen monitors

Discussion in 'Games' started by eddiebrock, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eddiebrock

eddiebrock Thread Starter

Whenever I try to play pc games on my widescreen monitor they are always stretched out. I understand they were designed for the original screen aspect ratio, but is there any way to put the game back into the correct proportion, so that they game doesn't always look short and fat? I'd live to be able to do this for looking at regular pictures and video also.

2. CDBongo

CDBongo

odd, i got my widescreen thinking the same question, but the streched image thing never happened to me, even when i run games at 4:3 aspect resolutions like 800X600 or 64X48
    I wish that games would just come with widescreen resolutions as options, standard hd resolutions like 1280X720, 1366X768, or 1920X1080 seing how everything is going hd, and hd IS widescreen
    that must be frustrating man, sorry i can't help you

3. sliver624

sliver624

i heard something of a widescreen patch you can download, maybe try microsoft.com or search it on google, but i wouldnt know im still stuck on a 15'. and BF2 comes with WS monitor res it just doesnt support some of them, such as 1680x1050. i think that the games are suppost to detect your res. and put it to the closest if not the actual res. but like i said i don't know much. theres just some tips for ya though.

4. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree

Usually if a game doesn't change the to widescreen for you, there is a way to go in the data folder or something and change the resolution to match your screen. There is a website that tells you all this for each game but I don't know it off the top of my head. If I find it, I will post it when I get back from school.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice