1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Gaming Pc build problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Royalking1982, Nov 4, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Royalking1982

Royalking1982 Thread Starter

I just have finished building my new gaming pc with an msi b350 motherboard, Amd ryzen 5 1600x, Gskill ddr4 series 3200 MHz ram, msi Radeon armour 8gb graphics card, EVGA - B3 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power supply. The first time i set it up everything was ok and it showed my cpu and ram. But now it onl shows the message “Devices changed ( cpu or memory) or cmos have been cleared. Please enter setup to configure your system.”

Press f1 to run setup

Press f2 to load default values and continue.

When i pres f1 or f2 nothing happens.?

Am using a wireless Bluetooth i have tested it with my iPad and it works fine.

Could it be the keyboard not connecting properly coz it’s Bluetooth and i haven’t set it up or am i looking at bigger problem. I need to know wats wrong so that i can return any items if they are faulty as i bought everything new.

Can you please help me here.

Thanx

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

My guess would be that since Bluetooth drivers won't be loaded until the Operating System boots up, you will to attach a wired keyboard.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The systems I have used with a wireless mouse and keyboard work fine in the bios before windows loads.
    I checked the specs on your motherboard and the support page shows a number of bios updates that address both compatibility and performance. Are you running the latest bios?
    There are a number of msi boards that use the B450 chipset so you need to post the exact motherboard you are using. I counted at least four boards showing B450 chipset. Here is a link to the one I checked however be sure of which board you are using;
    https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350-TOMAHAWK/Overview

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

There is a difference between WiFi and Bluetooth. AFAIK, Bluetooth needs to be paired before it will work.

5. Royalking1982

Firstly thank you guys so much for ur replies
    Success, I have received my usb keyboard and Wala it worked and I got a response. I selected f2 to load up default settings and it booted from my old sid drive that has win10 64bit preinstalled.
    I ran driver booster and updated everything to be up to date except of two things.
    1. My graphic card cd software doesn’t work so am not sure if I have the drivers for optimum performance, my you =
    MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card.

2. I want to update my bios but when I visited the msi website it recommends that I install amd chipset 18xxx driver. I went on amd websites but it asks me to choose which chipset x370, x470 ect. I don.t know wat chipset I have all I know is dat my cpu is ryzen 5 1600 x.
    3. Is there a software that tests all my hardware devices are ok and faulty, somehow am paranoid someting is wrong?

Could you please advise me further

Thank you

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The above makes no sense to me. How can you build a system and not know what parts you used?
    When you do a windows install, the very first thing you do is get ALL of the drivers you are going to need ie chipset driver, lan driver, sound, etc, etc along with any utilities ie usb charge, monitoring software, etc, etc. Put all of these drivers on an external drive, flash drive, whatever as long as they are all in one place. This makes the install go much easier.
    The install is done in the following order;
    1 Install the os
    2 Install the chipset/mb drivers
    3 Install sound, nic, etc
    4 Install the video driver
    5 Install whatever utilities you need ie ccleaner, irfanview, etc, etc
    6 Run windows update and install all critical updates, Repeat until there are no more updates

SpywareDr likes this.
  7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

BTW failure to install in the above order often results in drivers not config correctly.

8. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

1. MSI.com > RADEON RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC driver (Select your Operating System)

2. MSI.com > Motherboard B350 Tomahawk Specifications
    3. To test RAM, use MemTest86. To test a HD, user the manufacturer's Diagnostic Ytility, or SeaTools. Here are some other "7 Best Computer Diagnostic Software Tools for Technicians".

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Just a word of advise. If you are going to update a bios, be sure you read and FULLY understand the flashing procedure. While a bios update is not difficult, an incorrect flash can render your motherboard unbootable ie junk.

10. Royalking1982

OK,
    I my computer today and it came up with windows error that could not be fixed in troubleshooting.
    I had to reinstall windows 10 again but I didn't loos my data.
    question would I have to reinstall all the drivers again????????
    question if is it necessary to update the bios as everything seem to work fine so far, if I do have then whats the flashing procedure??????????
    I have updated bios before on some of my computers and it went fine not heard of flashing procedure?
    would you advice me to update the bios?

11. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Only if you see something that needs a driver in Device Manager.

Go to this page on your motherboard manufacture's website : MSI.com > Support for B350 Tomahawk, then under "BIOS" click the "How to flash the BIOS (SOP Download)" link.

To make sure you have the latest version, I would.

12. Royalking1982

Ok
    I went to msi website under bios update it says
    MSI strongly recommend to update AMD chipset driver 18.40xxxxxxx or latest version before update BIOS.
    Then I went to amd site to look for AMD chipset driver 18.40xxxxx and I couldn't find could please send me the link where it is if u can find.

Thanx

13. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Click the "Driver" link, just to the right of the "BIOS" link, then select your operating system ...

14. Royalking1982

I have clicked on the driver tab next to bios and it has chipset driver their, when I click download it says amd chipset driver am4 x399
    its not the amd chipset 18.40xxxx the bios was referring too?
    are you sure this is the right driver I don't want to change the bios and destroy my motherboard.

15. Royalking1982

the drivers are quite large and the download speed are slow it's gonna take at 12 hrs to download

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice