1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming PC not booting, giving off beep code

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jonno56, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jonno56

Jonno56 Thread Starter

Hello!! I own a full tower gaming computer, was working fine the other day, then the next morning when I turned it on, it didn't boot. There was power in the computer, but the monitors weren't picking up a signal, it was also giving off a beep code. The beep was 1 long 2 short over and over, I think it might be to do with my gpu, but I ordered a new gpu to test and that did nothing. I noticed a chip on said new gpu was burned out after use in the PC though, could the motherboard be causing the GPU to burn out?

Thank you in advance

P.S I've also tried seperate ram and that didn't change a thing

2. Sponsor

3. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

1 long and 2 short beeps is the classic video error beep code (from 1982!). Does your PC have an onboard video you can try?
    P.S. With two cards not working, I would posit that the part of the systemboard that controls the PCI Express slots got fried. It would be extremely rare for a systemboard or power supply to fry a video card.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It would REALLY help if you posted ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

5. Jonno56

Jonno56 Thread Starter

It doesn't unfortunately. Could I try booting my pc without a gpu just to see if it stops the beeps?? Not sure if that's safe hahaha. Thanks for the advice :)

6. Jonno56

Jonno56 Thread Starter

Yeah good point, I'll have a look tomorrow and update the post with a full list of specs, thank you. :)

7. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Without an onboard gpu, removing the video card (s) should generate a beep code for missing video device (which would very likely be the same code you are already getting).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185401