Gaming pc System builder interview

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

satanicguardian

Hey guys, got an interview with www.overclockers.co.uk as a system builder, just wanted to run over some stuff i might be asked in interview and you guys could sure help :)

Basically i want to revise all my PC building/compatibility knowledge

These are things i may be asked

• Modern CPU's and Socket types (AMD and Intel)
  • Modern RAM types/What Chips are on what modules (Ie PC2-5300 = DDR2 DIMM form factor with 8 DDR2 662.5 (666) chips?)
  • Common Used modern mobo's, socket compatability, and ram compatability
  • Graphics cards - top of the range, SLi and Crossfire setups, Compatabilitys etc
  • Power supplies - I'm not too good here, could do with someone explain to me what is meant by rails to confirm my thoughts XD
  • And just any other stuff you guys think might be useful or things i may be asked in the interview

Many thanks in advanced :)

satanicguardian

Are modern AM3 sockets such as phenom ii PGA or LGA? or is that just intel, im confusing myself xD

Here is a bit about CPU sockets.

Intel Current sockets are - 1156 and 1366
They will be moving to - 1155 and 2011 sockets in the not too distant future.

Amd Current socket is - AM3
They will possibly be moving to AM3+ in the next couple of months if all of their plans go well.

Jack-O-Bytes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts