1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming pc System builder interview

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by satanicguardian, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. satanicguardian

satanicguardian Thread Starter

Hey guys, got an interview with www.overclockers.co.uk as a system builder, just wanted to run over some stuff i might be asked in interview and you guys could sure help :)

Basically i want to revise all my PC building/compatibility knowledge

These are things i may be asked

• Modern CPU's and Socket types (AMD and Intel)
    • Modern RAM types/What Chips are on what modules (Ie PC2-5300 = DDR2 DIMM form factor with 8 DDR2 662.5 (666) chips?)
    • Common Used modern mobo's, socket compatability, and ram compatability
    • Graphics cards - top of the range, SLi and Crossfire setups, Compatabilitys etc
    • Power supplies - I'm not too good here, could do with someone explain to me what is meant by rails to confirm my thoughts XD
    • And just any other stuff you guys think might be useful or things i may be asked in the interview

Many thanks in advanced :)

2. satanicguardian

Are modern AM3 sockets such as phenom ii PGA or LGA? or is that just intel, im confusing myself xD

3. satanicguardian

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Here is a bit about CPU sockets.

Intel Current sockets are - 1156 and 1366
    They will be moving to - 1155 and 2011 sockets in the not too distant future.

Amd Current socket is - AM3
    They will possibly be moving to AM3+ in the next couple of months if all of their plans go well.

Jack-O-Bytes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice