1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming PC using defualt intel graphics instead of GTX ones

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by c2312j, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. c2312j

c2312j Thread Starter

Greetings Tech Gurus.

I have received a Gaming PC for Christmas with the following specs:
    • INTEL Kaby Lake i5 7600K 3.8Ghz/4.2Ghz Turbo
    • 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz Crucial
    • 240GB SSD - 1TB Sata3 HDD -
    • NVIDIA GTX1060 6GB
    • ASUS PRIME B250M-A
    These specs are moderately good, but when running a game such as GTA V, I am getting 30-40fps on the lowest settings, I checked out this video --> he has the same specs but lower ram and he is running smoothly while recording on high specs.

This led to me investigating,

I have two graphics cards on my systems as I found out in Device Manager - Display Adapters, the graphics cards are: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.

I would like help in setting my NVIDIA graphics card as the default one, I have some experience, but a tutorial would be very helpful and much appreciated.

I'm using the ASUS BIOS and have access to it.

Thank you very much,
    Chris J.

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Usually you can boot into Safe mode and Disable the Integrated GPU in Device Manger. Let us know if you need more details

3. c2312j

c2312j Thread Starter

Thanks, I found the problem out, my HDMI cable was not plugged into the graphics card socket on the back, this has fixed it now, thanks for attempting, the effort is appreciated!

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Okay, that helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1201790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice