Gaming problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hazzybo

I built a new pc the other day for the purpose of gaming but I’ve been having trouble ever since. My specs are a Ryzen 5 3600, powercolor rx 7500xt, 600w PSU and a msi B-450-A pro max ATX motherboard. Other than slow WiFi, the computer works well for general tasks but the frames nose dive as soon as you open a game (in my case it’s far cry 4) which makes it completely unplayable. As if that wasn’t bad enough, it now shuts down about 30 seconds after opening the application. I have no idea what to do and would be grateful if someone could help.

After the build and the OS install.....and this is a clean install of the OS......did you install all the mobo drivers? Then did you install the AMD driver/software package (AMD Adrenalin) to setup the GPU?

Hazzybo

After the build and the OS install.....and this is a clean install of the OS......did you install all the mobo drivers? Then did you install the AMD driver/software package (AMD Adrenalin) to setup the GPU?
I’m pretty sure the drivers are installed because I checked them for updates and it said there aren’t any, even though I didn’t install them myself. And no I didn’t even know that that AMD software existed. I’ll give it a go, cheers

m pretty sure the drivers are installed because I checked them for updates and it said there aren’t any, even though I didn’t install them myself
Double check your device manager to make sure there are no errors the compare that to your mobo driver support page just to make sure you're not missing any.

And no I didn’t even know that that AMD software existed
I'm not sure how AMD does their setup....but look for something about a fan curve. This will turn on the fans for idle use and ramp up fan speed as needed to compensate as heat it build up.

Is there anyway for you to use a LAN cable to rule out your wifi as part of the problem.

Hazzybo

Double check your device manager to make sure there are no errors the compare that to your mobo driver support page just to make sure you're not missing any.

I'm not sure how AMD does their setup....but look for something about a fan curve. This will turn on the fans for idle use and ramp up fan speed as needed to compensate as heat it build up.

Is there anyway for you to use a LAN cable to rule out your wifi as part of the problem.
I bought and plugged in an Ethernet cable today and it did improve the WiFi but only from 1–>7 gb

Those are 2 separate and independent connections....one has nothing to do with the other and you can only use one connection at a time.

Just using the ethernet cable run speedtest.net to see what your DL/UP speeds are.

Hazzybo

Those are 2 separate and independent connections....one has nothing to do with the other and you can only use one connection at a time.

Just using the ethernet cable run speedtest.net to see what your DL/UP speeds are.
My DL is 7 and the UP is 0.8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online