1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming probs PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Games' started by GamerGuy, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GamerGuy

GamerGuy Thread Starter

ok , i have the weridest prob, ok we reformatd a while ago cause we had a problem with it , so we formated, then we got everything we need, updates, etc.. so i go to play a game when i get every thing we needed and it freezes and restarted. So got back to desktop, tried playing again, and go same problem. Then i was getting mad. So i tried finding out if i had mad memory , that wasnt it , thought it was hdd, that wasnt it , so for kick and giggles i took out are Geforce 3 ti 500, and put in are old card which is a Dimond Viper v770 and it ran fine no problems at all!, so i called up Visiontek ( card manufature) and told me to send it out to check if it was damaged or what ever , got it back , with a notice say that the card was put through all the dionostics and all that and saying that there is nothing wrong. So i poped it in tryed running Need for speed Hot pursite 2 and got the same problem i had before i send it out to be fix, they alos said that it is most likely a messed up setting , so sense there wasnt nothing needed on the comp from formatting so many times trying to fix this matter we formated again , and got all the updates and also thinking that the messed up file would be fixed, but unfortaniantly its not, and got the same problem all over again , so if you took the time to read this and want to help i thank you very much lol

2. GLiO

GLiO

Uninstall the drivers and the card by using the Device Manager. To open the device manager (xp) go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager. Find you card under "Display Adapters" and right click on it and go to uninstall. Restart your computer. Then go to Nvidia's website (nvidia.com) and get the latest drivers for your OS. If that doesn't help there may be another program open that doesn't like games.

3. GamerGuy

GamerGuy Thread Starter

well i got the lates drivers, so i will def will try uninstallin the card, and if it still doesnt work, what kind of prog could causeing this

4. GamerGuy

GamerGuy Thread Starter

well uninstalling the card drivers didnt do the trick, still only get like 5mins of gamming in and then it freezes , anything else i can do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice