Gaming rig - can i run everything?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

satanicguardian

Asus Crosshair III Formula AMD 790FX (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 4.20GHz
Coolermaster V8 CPU Heatsink
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel
HIS ATI Radeon HD 6970 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-E

my new gaming rig, wondering if i will find any problems on max detail setting of any current game?

daz1

Banned
how long is piece of string????? just not an eassy way of answering, on max detail as in you go to game settings and customise it yourself any comp will struggle to some degree, if you mean can i play kick *** games with very high fps and dam well enjoy the graphics then yes , think about your hard drive thats the worst bit of your particular rig, could you do RAID , maybe a 10,000 rpm HDD ? a SSD ?? your rig is super but as for crysis crysis 2 their is not a pc on the plannet which can max that yet, alos think about cooling , my gtx at 49 deg but was running at 16 AA and got to 89 deg which i have now water cooled

satanicguardian

Hard drives are my next planned upgrade, sadly i have ran out of funds now :( and is crysis 2 even out? :O

how long is piece of string????? just not an eassy way of answering, on max detail as in you go to game settings and customise it yourself any comp will struggle to some degree, if you mean can i play kick *** games with very high fps and dam well enjoy the graphics then yes , think about your hard drive thats the worst bit of your particular rig, could you do RAID , maybe a 10,000 rpm HDD ? a SSD ?? your rig is super but as for crysis crysis 2 their is not a pc on the plannet which can max that yet, alos think about cooling , my gtx at 49 deg but was running at 16 AA and got to 89 deg which i have now water cooled
Dude, I can play Crysis maxed out on my system no problem. Crysis actually stopped being a benchmark years ago. As for Crysis 2, that isn't even coming to PC. Strictly console.

daz1

Banned
anyone can max settings means nothing whatsoever regarding fps

satanicguardian

XD what console is gonna handle crysis 2, xbox's have nothing on a high end gaming pc, its gonna have to be on a new console or very efficiently coded, or just plain laggy :p

satanicguardian

ah nice, it seems that even the laptop i am using now can handle most games anyway so when my gaming rig is up and running i should be pretty sweet for the next few years :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts