1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming Rig Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lemonio, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lemonio

Lemonio Thread Starter

Could someone reccomend a good gaming rig for about 1000 dollars. i heard bad reviews about alienwar and cyberpower
    i've also looked into dell, vigor, and avadirect
    what would you reccomend
    i am aiming to be able to play very well most games for around the next 2 years
    i am thinking of getting a good dual core processor
    maybe either two good crossfire cards or one top notch graphics card
    and probably either 2 or 4 gigs of ram
    i don't really need huge sata drives or quad processors or 3 way sli or tons of memory
    mostly i'm aiming for good processor and graphics card because those are i think the necessary parts for gaming

2. sup2a

sup2a

Well, as long as you get a good motherboard and power supply you should be able to keep up for a while, upgrading when you need to, however you may have trouble in 2 years with the new processors coming out next year and games are going to get a lot tougher to run. You really cant trust a large manufacturer to give you a gaming computer that will last you 2 years at the top, especially if your budget is $1000... I would suggest to get a list of parts here and go to a local computer store and ask them to build it for you (shouldn't cost you over $100) I cant suggest anything now, i gotta go

3. Lemonio

Lemonio Thread Starter

4. Lemonio

Lemonio Thread Starter

also how can i choose a good motherboard
    i don't know anything about motherboards

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758601

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice