1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gaming/simming causes freezing and hard reboot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bradley27, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bradley27

bradley27 Thread Starter

I have come to the conclusion that maybe i need to get some info or help from PC tech minds.

I use FSX on my newish rigged PC, now it would seem that occasionally FSX will totally freeze soon after loading into the sim in various spots around the globe. I at first thought this might be a case of AI Traffic causing the freezing but when i removed the AI traffic the freezing would still happen.

This isn't every-time as such but its occurance is enough to be annoying and almost make me feel like i have to be ever so gentle with what ever i do in the sim....

When it does happen everything freezes, including alt ctrl delete commands and also the mouse stops and whatever sound there is falls into a millisecond loop (aircraft flight-deck sound) which is also rather irritating. I do have an overclocked system, some people on the Avsim FSX forums say it could be a poor sound card issue...others think i might have my setup too high for FSX????

In any case i have 0% experience in BIOS or even taking the steps to lower or improve these hard freezes...

As far as i am aware all drivers are to their latest versions too. My settings in FSX are also at a level that you would expect suitable for the rig i have...

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Dear Mark:
    Run diags for the memory [ W7 repair environment by booting to the W7 DVD ], for 8 hours, or until an error appears.

Are your mem sticks matched?

Run a HDD diag.
    http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Set the over clocked items to nl clocking.

I use OCCT for CPU & GPU stressing.
    www.ocbase.com

I had a BSOD problem with a non gaming machine; my video driver was referenced. I had the latest video driver, but uninstalled, ran Guru3D's driver sweeper 7 re-installed from a fresh download. Same BSOD. I went down 1 version of video driver. I haven't had a BSOD since. Newer is NOT always better.
    Who wrote the drivers? ASUS? Nvidia. Someone on this forum recently had a similar problem with leshcat graphics drivers.

RF123

3. bradley27

bradley27 Thread Starter

Is this reply for me since you started it with "Dear Mark"??

Memory sticks are all the same make to my knowledge

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

I apologize.

Your "Hatfield" location threw me. :)

Dear Brad:
    Run diags for the memory [ W7 repair environment by booting to the W7 DVD ], for 8 hours, or until an error appears.

Are your mem sticks matched?

Run a HDD diag.
    http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Set the over clocked items to nl clocking.

I use OCCT for CPU & GPU stressing.
    www.ocbase.com

I had a BSOD problem with a non gaming machine; my video driver was referenced. I had the latest video driver, but uninstalled, ran Guru3D's driver sweeper 7 re-installed from a fresh download. Same BSOD. I went down 1 version of video driver. I haven't had a BSOD since. Newer is NOT always better.

Who wrote the drivers? ASUS? Nvidia. Someone on this forum recently had a similar problem with leshcat graphics drivers.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088143

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice