Gaming with PC £600 Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bongomundi

I want to buy parts for my PC to be able to play games such as; Skyrim and Shogun 2 Total War on maximum settings.

These are my current specs

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3263 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 610377 MB, Free - 206340 MB; E: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 559894 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, G31M-GS.
Antivirus: None

Could anyone recommend parts that I could purchase to allow me to play these games at max settings for around £600

Thanks

Hi.

If you want to run Skyrim maxed you need a lot of upgrades. You can look at my specs in the drop down and I still can't max out the distant objects detail and shadows. Definitely need a processor and gpu. Most likely that means a new motherboard, which in turns means new memory.

I would look into 2nd generation Intel i7's (they have 4 numbers instead of 3, like 2600) or the amd FX series which is comparatively a little slower, but they are also cheaper. The AMD Phenom II processors have come down a lot in price also, and the top end versions of those are very nice.

graphics cards you want at least an nvidia GTX560 or higher. I don't know a ton about ATI cards, but I think the equivalent is the radeon 6970, I'm not 100% sure though that could be a little be better. Again though like I said, I have a gtx 560 ti and still can't max it.

Long story short though, you will be hard pressed to come in under you budget. I'm not sure on a the pounds to dolars conversion, but your looking at 250-300 for processor, and about the same for the video card. not to mention the motherboard and memory you will need to upgrade those parts. If you could find a motherboard with one of the newer sockets that supports your memory, that would be nice.

Hope this helps you some.

Bongomundi

Thanks a lot for your help, by the sound of it I would need to replace the majority of my components.
Do you know how the i5's hold up? Such a dramatic change may warrant a new system, if so how are the specs of this computer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....=STORE:HTMLBUILDER:SIMPLEITEM#ht_10263wt_1139

Its processor is a AMD FX 4100 3.6Ghz Quad Core processor does that compare well with the likes of the i5's or i7's?
Graphics card: ATI 5450 2GB, is this much better than my current one ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, 1024 Mb?

This package contains pretty much all I would need just curious to have someone rate it in relevance to its gaming performance.

Thanks a lot for your help

Tanis

Shane
Personally, for a limited budget I would look at i5 not i7 or even AMD as they offer a much better 'bang to buck' ratio.

I would also say you are going to need a significant upgrade or completely new system to get close to maxed settings on something like Skyrim.

Things I don't like about the advert you have listed are the lack of exact make for components, which in turn implies cheaper components have been used.

Have a look here, I almost exclusively use these guys now in the UK, you can pick up some decent bargains if you look in their 'Super Specials' area. Remember you will need to buy a copy of Windows also (around £70) if you haven't got one already so factor that in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online