1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gash! So many Problems! Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by willowyang, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willowyang

willowyang Thread Starter

From start/settings/control panel/system/device manager tab, I found:

Red indicator in front of GENERIC NEC FLOPPY DISK
    (Properties--Device staus: This device is disabled (code 22.) ) I tried click Enable Device but nothing changed.

Yellow in front of Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet Adapter(NC100 v2)
    (Properties--Device staus: This device is not working properly because IRQ Holder for PCI Steering is not working properly (Code 31.) )
    From IRQ Holder for PCI Steering Properties--Device staus: This device is disabled (code 22.) ) I clicked Enable Device but after reboot computer, nothing changed. and if I chose reboot computer later, the Device staus changed to : The drivers for this device need to be reinstalled. (Code 18.) I clicked Reinstall Driver, it shows Windows encountered an error while trying to install the device. Error code: 69

Yellow(question mark) in front of PCI Serial Controller
    (Properties--Device staus: This device is not working properly because IRQ Holder for PCI Steering is not working properly (Code 31.) )......

Yellow in front of Iomega Clik! Parallel Port Interface
    (Properties--Device staus: This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10.) While I tried Update Driver, it even can't get the driver info from the installation disk.

Yellow in front of Iomega Parallet Port Zip Interface
    (Properties--Device staus: This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10.) While I tried Update Driver, it even can't get the driver info from the installation disk.

Red in front of Programmable interrupt controller
    (Properties--Device staus: This device is disabled (code 22.) ) I tried click Enable Device but nothing changed.

Yellow in front of SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
    (Properties--Device staus: This device is not working properly because IRQ Holder for PCI Steering is not working properly (Code 31.) )

So many problems! how can I fix them? I have a feeling there should be a major problem, after fix the major one, the others might be go away, too...

Or please just teach me in this case, how can I make my computer find the Iomega Driver? right now No Iomega Drivers Detected. I just want re-format my hard drive after I transfer personal files and folders into zip drive.

My OP is Win98.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Red Yellow how can I make my computer find the Iomega Driver?

2. willowyang

willowyang Thread Starter

My computer -- Properties -- Device Manager -- PCI bus -- Properties -- IRQ Steering -- Uncheck Use IRQ Steering.

IRQ Steering Disabled.

Reboot computer, USB serial bus controller back to work properly.

Now system can detect Zip drive.

But other problems still there.

3. ezymony

ezymony

I cant help much i know what the yellow question mark means in device manager it means the device wasnt installed correct or it doesnt have any drivers .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice