gateway comps and memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gun_for_Hire

I have a gateway comp and I was told that it will only recognize 384mb ram and will not recongnize any more. Any way to bypass this? Gateway wont tell me anything.

If it's an older system then it probably won't support anymore ram. You could do a search for the motherboard number on yahoo or google and see what it finds. :)

Gun_for_Hire

ok how do I find that?
and how do I change the bios pw if I forget it. (I know I am an idiot!)

Gun for Hire,

Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about BIOS passwords. However, I can point you to a free utility which should give you all the information you need about your mobo (and some you don't!). It's called AIDA32 and available from; http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

If you decide to try it I would suggest you get the version released on 12/13/2002 rather than the recent 'preview' version, which might mean its beta. This should give you all the detail you need and, probably, links to each component makers website.

Results can be produced in various formats for printing or e-mailing etc. Be careful if you choose the print option as even the summaries can cover many pages!.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online