1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gateway comps and memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gun_for_Hire, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gun_for_Hire

Gun_for_Hire Thread Starter

I have a gateway comp and I was told that it will only recognize 384mb ram and will not recongnize any more. Any way to bypass this? Gateway wont tell me anything.

2. gbscomp

gbscomp

If it's an older system then it probably won't support anymore ram. You could do a search for the motherboard number on yahoo or google and see what it finds. :)

3. Gun_for_Hire

Thanks for the info!!

4. Gun_for_Hire

ok how do I find that?
    and how do I change the bios pw if I forget it. (I know I am an idiot!)

5. TOGG

TOGG

Gun for Hire,

Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about BIOS passwords. However, I can point you to a free utility which should give you all the information you need about your mobo (and some you don't!). It's called AIDA32 and available from; http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

If you decide to try it I would suggest you get the version released on 12/13/2002 rather than the recent 'preview' version, which might mean its beta. This should give you all the detail you need and, probably, links to each component makers website.

Results can be produced in various formats for printing or e-mailing etc. Be careful if you choose the print option as even the summaries can cover many pages!.

6. Hairy

Hairy

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice