1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway computer won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GregL311, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregL311

GregL311 Thread Starter

I have a Gateway running xp home, not sure of the model, that will not boot when I turn it on. It has power and it sounds like everything is working ok but all I get is a blank screen. The green light next to the power on button is flashing. I just can't figure out what's going on or why the green light is falshing. Please help. Thanks.:(

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    try disconnecting any thing connected to the PC - all USB devices - so you are just left with the mouse, keyboard, screen and see if boots

also see if you can get into bios - as it boots it should say to enter set up tab
    del
    or F2 or some key

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice