1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway Died! going Custom need advice!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rollnw24inkmc, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollnw24inkmc

rollnw24inkmc Guest Thread Starter

Ok, so i had a Gateway GM5474, it has AMD Athlon X2 3.0GHZ processor, 2GB PC2-5300 Ram, 500GB Sata HDD, Ausu 512mb Nvida Vid Card, Ausu Tv Tuner Card, Dual layer dvd burner, and so anywho, it died..motherboard failed. so i figure instead of going out to gateway or some other store and spending the money to buy a replacement that could fail in the future, why not just build a new rig...i may spend more than what buying a replacement unit would cost, but at least id have something i knew i took thought into building and could farther expand...so what i was think was i already have a cpu/heat sink,ram,optical drive,hard drive,ram,vid card,tv tuner card and power supply...to go full out custom all need is a motherboard,new case (f*ck that ole gateway pos case! and a new sound card (threw that one in just for my own giggles.) so here is what i found...if someone can find something better or what not please let me know. im trying to get this back up and running before dec. so yeah.. heres what i found:

Thermaltake ArmorPlus(Armor+) VH6000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

id also like to ad a blu-ray burner or just the blu-ray rom, but ive already spent 350 for a dead computer, im not looking to spend no more than 450-550.

2. rollnw24inkmc

rollnw24inkmc Guest Thread Starter

3. BG-0

BG-0

So, which parts would you like to reuse from your old comp? Which parts do you know to work, still?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice