1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway e4300 won't boot to XP OS

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pjgirl, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pjgirl

pjgirl Thread Starter

I was trying to reimage a pc using Symantec Ghost image, but the 1st image dvd was bad and gave an error message and booted to DOS A:prompt. I did a ctrl+alt+del and rebooted to a message to insert the System Recovery cd, I did and when it was complete it ejected the dvd and rebooted. It then says it completed installing the XP OS and drivers. I rebooted and it looped back to insert the System Recovery cd. It will not boot to windows nor to a cd now. How can I get the system to boot to a cd/dvd so I can reimage the pc?

2. sp3851

sp3851

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/891686