1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway GP6-400

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JLykurgos, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JLykurgos

JLykurgos Thread Starter

I have already checked the forums and the question someone called ORS had related to my problem was answered privately and that was back in 2005. :mad:
    I have been given a Gateway GP6-400. The systems still knows what it is but has forgotten certain software for its drivers. I can't seem to locate any one site for this model's drivers. Short of downloading and purchasing a driver updating program or looking up each individual component's manufacturers for the updates, could there be anything I could try before completely reinstalling the operating system?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    What operating system are you using? windows 98 FE,SE, or 2000?To get the correct drivers for that model go to the gateway website and it should be listed under support drivers and downloads.

3. Simba7

Simba7

Stay away from those. They're a rip off and usually have a ton of viruses and/or malware in them.

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Not only that on most of those you have to pay to get the correct drivers. they arent worth it when you can get drivers for free from whoever made the computer.

5. Simba7

Simba7

A GP6-400? Probably an old (but reliable) 440BX chipset. You'll have to give us the specs (or pictures) for the rest (graphics card, network card, modem, etc).

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Gateway GP6-400 desktop appears to have been introduced in the summer of 1998 and came with Windows 98SE installed.

It came with an Intel Pentium II 400 MHz processor, 128 MB of PC100 RAM(supports up to 384 MB), and a 10 GB hard drive.

----------------------------------------------------------

7. JLykurgos

JLykurgos Thread Starter

That was the first thing that I tried. Unfortunately, they do not list their computers by the operating system but by the model identification and the GP6-400 was not even listed.

8. Simba7

Simba7

A system that old, I doubt they'd keep that data on their servers.

You'll have to look for the driver for each individual card in the system. Google is your friend here. The 440BX chipset is rather universal, so you probably won't need drivers for that.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice