Gateway GT5032 slow in games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

designed

I have tried to run several games which should easily be able to play on this system but they are all extremely choppy and unplayable. Any idea why this might be? I have updated my video drivers and installed all the dual core drivers.

CPU - AMD X2 4200+ (2.2 GHZ)
Ram - 1 GB
Video - Onboard Geforce 6100

what type of games? Just to tell you now on board video cards are very weak compared to new add on video cards.

designed

Nothing too extreme. Sims 2, Company of Hereos.. It shouldnt be as bad as it is.

company of heroes is actually can be demanding.

Try setting the screen resolution to 1024x768, and then set all of the graphic settings to the lowest quality... see if that will make the choppiness go away (or less). If is does go away or get less choppy, then it is on board video card.

edit: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
that link will test your system for different games (both sims 2 and CoH) is on the list... sims 2 is called "the sims 2". If you meet the min. requirements, then you need to keep the video setting low, If you meet the recommenced requirements, then your settings can be higher.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts