1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway has no video output..

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bocabill, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bocabill

bocabill Thread Starter

I hope this is the right Forum: This is about a unit that I inherited.
    I have this Gateway ATXAEG LX2 700s without a HD. It had been running XP, but I have
    installed a HD with 98SE. It worked fine except neither the DVD or CD,, though they show on the BIOS, worked. I also installed a RAGE128 PRO 32MP AGP video board,
    and every thing worked fine. This morning I switched on, and there is no video. Checked
    board installation, changed back to original board, tried two monitors....nothing. The indicator light on the Monitor which usually changes from Amber to Green when it sees
    signal, remains Amber. And as mentioned have not yet sorted out the CD. They accept disks and run, but no output.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated....
    Thanks..

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Might want to start with the power supply...

3. bocabill

bocabill Thread Starter

Thanks ekim68, but I found that after checking that all boards and plugs were securely
    plugged in, the system started ok. Now I only have to get the CDRom the DVD
    working, but I'll create a new post for that....
    Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice