1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gateway laptop wont power on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ASCFIRE, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASCFIRE

ASCFIRE Thread Starter

Tried the power drain thing............nada. No lights, fans.........zilch.

it is a Model PA6A ...............Gateway wants 199.00.........I'm a firefighter not a millionaire; any help?

2. maceman

maceman

Hi Ascfire,
    First you should check if the power cord works. You can also try to remove the battery and HDD, power cord unplugged, of course. Put all together and try again. There may have been a current peak and it can make a lot of harm, which needs professional help. :(

3. ASCFIRE

ASCFIRE Thread Starter

did all that.....change power plugs/packs and alas; a 17" gateway paper weight.........this is the "Boss" lady's computer..........all the important stuff is on there. I'm headed to Best Buy right now(that is were I paid for it).........to see if they can help. Hope I don't have to get her a new one for mothers day.......flowers are sooooooo much more my style ( and budget).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice