1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gateway lcd monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by christygirl, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christygirl

christygirl Thread Starter

I have a gateway lcd monitor that flashes white when it's on, but no display. How do I get the back off of it and what suggestions to fix it. I took all the screws out but no sign of it coming apart. Email me at [email protected]

2. mothergoose729

mothergoose729

Could be any number of things. It may need a driver but that is unlikely. Make sure your graphics card is working properly (does it do this with other monitors?) and that all its drivers are up to date. Finally if it is a hdmi or dvi cable, ect that it is plugged into the right socket and that your graphics card supports that type of cable. If all those things are working then I would have to suggest that you RMA it. Sounds like it may be broken.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice