1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway Mainboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EasyNow1, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EasyNow1

EasyNow1 Thread Starter

Ok using a Gateway essential pc 566 C - sn 0019425807 - with w 2000 i e 6.0 . I need to reformat this pc then reload windows but i don t have the software i need to reload the mainboard and can t see it on the gateway web site. Does anyone know what i need to use can t figure it out - thanks . .

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Look in Device Manager for anything marked with a yellow ! or as unknown . .

Right click on My Computer . . select Manage . . Device Manager

3. EasyNow1

EasyNow1 Thread Starter

Opps i don t think that helps me with getting my main board to work after a reformating -

Hum . . .

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

It will tell you what devices you have which need drivers . .

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

I see that machine originally shipped with Win 98. I rebuilt one of those a couple of years ago and upgraded to W2k, and W2k had just about all the drivers I needed.

What I would do is go to Intel and download this;

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/sb/cs-009266.htm

and download you chipset driver and put it on removable media. If I recall correctly W2k had the chipset driver I needed, but I would download the one you need just in case.

6. EasyNow1

EasyNow1 Thread Starter

Ok that doesn t help me at all i still don t know what to download - need a better link, i assume i need more then whats on the w2000 cd, i may try a w 2000 reload to see if that works before i reformat - byeee

7. EasyNow1

EasyNow1 Thread Starter

Win2kpro-

Ok just downloaded both utilities, now i have to get them on a floppy and get umn on to the gateway pc then what do i do ! ? thanks -

8. win2kpro

win2kpro

Put the floppy with the chipset ID utility in the Gateway machine, access the floppy, double click on the executable, and it should run and identify the chipset. When it identifies the chipset, just wite down what chipset you have. After you reinstall W2k if it doesn't have the chipset driver, go to Intel and download and install the chipset driver.

I just identified my chipset with a later utility, and attached is a screen shot of what it identified.

Attached Files:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice