1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway mx6441 driver nightmare

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SpaceInvader75, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaceInvader75

SpaceInvader75 Thread Starter

I have been trying tot find the drivers for this Gateway mx6441 laptop, and I am about to throw it out the window!
    It is not even listed on the Gateway tech support site, and one of the drivers for the mx6440 have worked yet.
    I tried going to ATIs site and I could not find the one I need there either. It says the video card is a radeon xpress 200m.

2. SpaceInvader75

SpaceInvader75 Thread Starter

I didn't keep this laptop but I'm still curious if anyone has had a driver problem like this.
    It makes me never want to buy a Gateway!

I managed to install the cpu chipset, but my next task was to install the ATI drivers.

I found a readme file when I unzipped the installation package. The instructions were not very clear, but it said something about "files will be unzipped to (cabs directory)."

The way it read, I wasn't sure if the files were automatically unzipped to that directory or if I had to put them there myself. But it didn't seem to matter because when I tried to unzip them to the that directory it wasn't there. So possibly, the error was my fault, but due to lack of instructions. Maybe I'm spoiled because most drivers install when you run an installation program? Well, all I can say from this experience is if all of them do except Gateway then that is enough to make me not want a Gateway!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice