1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway notebook lockup running Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by miller5573, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miller5573

miller5573 Thread Starter

I have a six year old Gateway MX6927 notebook computer that is acting funny. When I boot-up, it gets to the welcome screen and shows all my short cut icons but everything is frozen except for the cursor? The only way I can shut it down is using the power switch. No luck with Control-Alt.-Delete. I tried booting off of a dvd but still no help. I would just like to get to the DOS prompt and then do a reformat of the "C" drive. Any ideas.
    Thanks, Miller5573

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice