1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway NV52 Won't Boot Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by violingirl18, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. violingirl18

violingirl18 Thread Starter

I have a Gateway NV52 laptop and anytime I attempt to turn it on the lights (power & battery lights) & fan both come on, but nothing appears on the screen. I had this problem about a week ago and took to a local repair shop and they seemed to have fixed it (they said something inside just needed to be reseated). I got it back on Friday and worked both great Friday & Saturday, however as of today its doing the same thing again. At this point I have no idea what the problem could be and I am at my wits end.

2. norton850

norton850

Can you see anything at all on the screen even fainty? (try shinning a flashlight on it) Hook up another monitor. This will eliminate problems with the screen itself.

3. violingirl18

violingirl18 Thread Starter

I took it back to the repair place since they have a 30 day warranty & they think i most likely the power switch causing the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/988291