1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway nv57h won’t turn on or boot it is running windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Xanderm15, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xanderm15

Xanderm15 Thread Starter

When ever I hit the power button nothing happens and there are no lights on power button at all. I have bought new ac adapter and also have hold power button for between 30-2 minutes with no power cable plugged in and it still won’t power up. What is my issue? Can some one help please?

2. larryh10000

larryh10000

Have you tried plugging into a different wall outlet or tested the current outlet it's plugged into using a 120v AC/DC outlet tester (a few of bucks at your local hardware store)? Also try another power cord and check your surge protector or power strip if your using one of those. Sounds like an AC power adapter/charger and/or power cord may have gone bad or the power switch button is possible but probably less likely. When you plug it in, do you see a green light on the black box connected to the power cable, AKA "the brick". If you do, the AC power adapter/charger and cord are good. The power adapter is actually your power supply as it converts AC to DC. I you still do not get power, then I would suspect the power connector on the motherboard is probably bad whereby the motherboard would need to be replaced which can be pricey.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have a 6 - 7 years old Gateway NV57H series laptop.
    What's the exact SNID number and serial number on it?
    What country was it purchased in?

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Have you tried to power up with only the AC adapter, no battery? Does the AC adapter connector on the laptop itself feel exceptionally loose? That is a major point of failure for many laptops, the connector breaks loose from its contacts on the motherboard and no longer provides power to the unit. If you gently wiggle it while plugged in, can you see any lights flash on/off?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice